D800 focus issue - small batch or most of the cameras?

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KG2002
Regular MemberPosts: 332
Like?
D800 focus issue - small batch or most of the cameras?
Oct 8, 2012

I've been trying to follow but it is still not clear to me to be honest were ALL cameras impacted or only specific batches?

I got mine yesterday and I was assured this is from a new, last week batch. Stock at Henry's is really low, D800s are selling fast there so I trusted them. However, when I opened the box today I noticed the camera was opened before. All the accessories were untouched but the wrapping was not from the factory. I checked the actuations and there were 77 shots taken already. Not a big deal honestly, but I am now wondering if this was store staff playing around or if someone bought it, tested and returned. It can be an earlier version sitting at the store waiting its turn to go back to Nikon.

I won't be able to go to the store at least for a week and I do not mind these 77 shots. I am just concerned it is a return.

I did a quick test and saw no sign of the issue by the way. I am hesitant to do more tests at this point as if I have to go back I do not want to argue why I took another 100 shots before taking it back.

Any advice?

P.S. I should probably make a big fuzz of it anyway - I traveled to a different store just to get a brand new one and still got a demo, at best.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow