brightness slider in ACR

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
MichaelRose
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: brightness slider in ACR
In reply to FlossTycoon, Oct 8, 2012

FlossTycoon wrote:

I was accustomed to using the brightness slider in ACR to brighten the mid range in cloudy day images. Now that I have upgraded to PSCS6 I have found the brightness slider is gone. Is there any way to bring it back?

Thanks
--
Alan, in Montana

I just bought CS6 Extended after using CS5 and I am very happy with the changes they have made to the controls.

Of course Temp, Tint should allways be first.

I suggest that you try adjusting the Blacks, Shadows, Exposure, Highlights, Whites values of your images directly on the Histogram.

You may not stay with this method, but at least for a while it will give you a feel for how the new controls are mapped.

The values are *sectioned* from left to right: Blacks, Shadows, Exposure, Highlights, Whites.

1. You simply hover over the section of the Histogram corresponding to the value you wish to change (one of these *section* labels will appear: Blacks, Shadows, Exposure, Highlights, Whites)
  2. Then hold down the left mouse button and gently slide left or right.

Its been recommended that you should adjust the other controls in this order:

Exposure,
Contrast,
Highlights,
Shadows,
Whites,
Blacks, then
Clarity,
Vibrance, and optionally
Saturation.

I wouldn't revert to the older 2010 process myself. I think the new 2012 process does a much better job on my photos plus the additional/revised controls are great.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow