ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,090
Like?
Update on the B&H Rebel T3i / 600D w/ lenses and printer rebate deal
Oct 7, 2012

I was one of those who got in on the deal at B&H Photo:

Canon Rebel T3i / 600D / whatever... Pixma Pro 9000 Mark 2 printer... 18-55 IS and 55-250 IS zooms...  16GB SD card, USB cable for the printer, and a 50 pack of Canon 13x19 photo print paper for $999 and then a $400 rebate from Canon afterwards, making the deal price $599, free shipping, and at least for me, no tax.

My original intent was to sell my old XSi and the new zoom lenses and the printer, clearing enough to pretty much let me upgrade to the T3i at little to no cost. I decided to keep the printer because it has such a great reputation and I'd like to do some printing at larger sizes. So how did I make out? (Other than having to wait yet for the $400 rebate, but for the sake of discussion I'm counting it as virtually in my pocket)

Paid $999
- 400 rebate
- 436.53 (net from sale of XSi and two new zooms on Ebay, after paying Ebay charges and shipping)
________
$162.47 was my total cost for upgrading my camera body, getting the Pixma printer and the package of 50 sheets 13x19 photo paper and even a 16GB SD card and second USB cable for the printer.

As a bonus the printer came with Photoshop Elements 8, so I was also able to upgrade my old version 5 of that programs too.

I call that a pretty good deal. A month ago I thought there no way I could justify upgrading my XSi - I really wanted the extra ISO, tilt / swivel screen and video - and it was great to be able to do so after all. Getting ready to set up the printer and have some fun with that too.

-- hide signature --

Do people really spend $700 on a camera so they can take a picture of a duck?

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow