Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hpeter
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
10 days with the a57
Oct 7, 2012

I've purchased an a57 10 days ago. I already had 3 lenses, the sony 16-105, minolta 50 f1.7 and the tamron 70-200 f2.8.

On day 2 I went to Sea World and spent a whole day there. I got some great video footage (about 10 x 2 minutes) and about 500 shots. I've never shot videos in my life before. I've set it to MP4, not AVCHD as I had no idea how much space would I need.

I JUST LOVE THIS THING

It is so easy to use. It just flows with you. Almost guesses what you want from it. Here are my thoughts about the EVF in relation to problems brought up by others:

1. EVF has lower dynamic range than the eye, so in contrasty scenes, you don't see as much details as with the eye. This is correct, but it shows you more of what the camera will record on the photo.

2. In dark scenes, it becomes noisy and slow to refresh. This is also true, but only becomes apparent when it's so dark that you can barely see anything on OVF.

3. It has some tearing effect. So what? If somebody didn't bring it up somewhere on these forums, I would have never noticed it and never ever bothers me.

4. Slide-show effect at high-speed bursts. Can't comment as I haven't tried it.

I'm a Sony and EVF fanboy. I don't use my A700 any more.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow