Nex-7 with Sigma 30mm f2.8 lens- not getting the IQ im after... sample pics attached

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KristensNex
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Nex-7 with Sigma 30mm f2.8 lens- not getting the IQ im after... sample pics attached
Oct 7, 2012

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, definitely an amateur, but am trying to learn! I bought a Nex-7 body and a 30mm f2.8 sigma lens. I see so many awesome pics taken with this setup but am having trouble achieving sharp images. Below are some examples of some of the "better" shots I've taken with my nex... they have been edited abit with photoshop...

This one turned out 'okay'. I had the camera on the "anti-motion blur" function mainly because I find my images dont focus well any other way- I do use the nex handheld...

This one bugs me because it could have been a stronger photo but seems out of focus still...

Comments and criticism are welcome, as well as any tips to get a crisp image with the nex. What settings do you guys recommend for daylight handheld shots of people?

Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow