Simplest, least expensive, decent Panny camera?

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RevsCam
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Simplest, least expensive, decent Panny camera?
Oct 7, 2012

Well its getting close to my wife's birthday and I'm thinking of giving her something she doesn't know she wants: a camera.

The requirements are:

• Takes good pictures in full auto by someone who doesn't really want to learn the details of taking good pictures.
  • Reasonably good zoom to take pictures of the rabbits in our back yard. Otherwise mainly for friends, family, pets, snapshots.
  • Small and purse-carry ready.
  • Preferably less than around $150.
  • She likes to post pics on Facebook, so something like iZoom might actually be a useful thing.

I am looking at the SZ7K as an example, but I'd like to get your thoughts.

Whatever she uses will probably be in iA mode most all the time, so that has to work fairly well. I've tried that with my FZ150 and it seems to work though I don't use it because I prefer more control and shoot Raw most of the time.

Admittedly, this is sort of a gift for me because I am the one responsible for taking all the pictures. Oh honey, there's a rabbit, take a picture! Oh honey, there's a hummingbird, take a picture!

RevsCam's gear list:RevsCam's gear list
Olympus C-7000 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow