ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jagge
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,888Gear list
Like?
Is anyone tempted to go for a Nex 6 ?
Oct 7, 2012

Hey

Was just wondering how many is thinking about going for a Nex6 instead of a m43.  I have a g2 and was considering a GH3, BUT it seems to become very expensive. Now the OM-D does not  cut it for me regarding  video, and I kind of miss more DOF control. I have been very close to getting the 45  mm 1.8 or the 24 mm 1.4 to get the dof i was used to with APS-C. Those lenses are sweet but I keep thinking about  the dynamic range and the    increased DOF control of APS-c. The nex 7 was sweet but to expensive, and glass still missing. The piece of glass that could keep me on m43 is the 24 mm 1.4.

BUT now the nex6 comes along. To me it looks like a cam for the serious amateur, and the 30 mm sigma 2.8 and especially the  upcomming 35 mm 1.8 could be gamechangers for Nex. Off course the 35 mm 1.8 needs to be good to make a difference but if it is, then I think NEX just got much much more competetive. The Nex6 offers the best viewfinder on the    market, thats a biggie to me, also the sensor off course is of a extremely well reviewed lineage as well. To me its a shame that Panasonic now pushed the great sensors to a very expensive housing. Oly off courrse now did the opposite, but I want build in viewfinder.

What do you think, are other M43 users tempted by the mix of features in the Nex6 ?

Please dont flame ok.

Best wishes

Jakob

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
Re:New
IBISNew
YesNew
noNew
NopeNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow