Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paulj623
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Why g15 is better than g12
Oct 7, 2012

Ok. I own both and they are both great cameras. Besides the 1.8 and newer sensor the main reason for me comes down to size. My goal of a ps camera comes down to being able to put it in my pocket. my big camera is my 7d so I always felt that if I needed to carry a camera I have that with the 7d. Why spend money on another camera I have to carry. Main reason I did not buy the g1x. While the g12 could fit in pocket I needed really loose pants etc. now with the g15 I now have a camera that has all the great functions as well as the manual controls and since it can fit in the pocket I can put it in my jeans with no problem.  Oh it takes great pictures as well. I was in Austin over te weekend in some bars with low light and the camera performed great.

paulj623's gear list:paulj623's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +4 more
Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow