E5 or OM-D E-M5?

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
arief poerniawan
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Re: E5 or OM-D E-M5?
In reply to mujana, Oct 7, 2012

mujana wrote:

I'm thinking...and thinking. Mybe some of you might give me some advice? At the moment I've got the E5 with 50mmF2/12-60mm/50-200SWD. I'm thinking about selling all this equipment and buy myself the OM-D E-M5 with 12mm(F2.0)/45mm(F1.8)/75mm(F1.8) lenses . Reasons: lighter/comparable IQ (or maybe better?)/not using my 50-200SWD so often. At the moment the 12-60SWD is the lens I use 95% of the time.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these "sets"? Any other thoughts I did not think of? Maybe recommendations?

Thnxs for all advice!

it really depend on what you shot.. when you say : 95% of your picture taken with ZD 12-60mm, i assume you are likely to be travelling photographer and EM 5 will be more than enough for you.. if i may suggest you, maybe you should consider lumix 12-35mm f2.8 and letter 35-100 f2.8 cause i believe it is very useful and i already have the 12-35mm and 35-100mm will be my next target.. if you like fixed lens maybe MZD 12mm f2 and 75mm f1.8 is the only thing you need..

the fact that EM 5 is very quick camera and preaty small size wil give you more advantage by going further and less tired and it allow you to bring more lens such as panasonic 7-14mm f4 or eve panasonic 8mm fisheye.. the only reason i still keeping my E5 is because i need it for birding

arief poerniawan's gear list:arief poerniawan's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow