Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Albert Silver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,544Gear list
Like?
T4i battery life better than announced
Oct 7, 2012

I have to admit, I am a bit mystified and wonder whether it has anything to do with the usage or whatnot. I keep reading that the battery life of the T4i, a camera I own, is good for 440 shots, give or take. I don't experience this at all. In fact I have not seen it choke once due to battery issues, albeit I have never gone on a 2000 pic spree. 900+ has been the maximum, and yes, I took this also on a single charge, and it was still going. And to be clear, I do not own a battery pack/grip.

The only thing I can think of is that I always shoot in continuous. Thus when I finalize that shutter, 70% of the time I will take 2-3 shots. The reason I am presuming this makes a difference is that it will not involve 2-3 individual instances of aim-focus-shoot.

I keep the camera on all the time (literally), and yes, use the touchscreen for pic reviewing as well as changes in the settings (quite a lot actually).

At one point, I took about 950 pics at a basketball game, all in AI Focus - Continuous, all in RAW (I never shoot anything but), and had no issues of any kind, not even a warning.

Albert Silver's gear list:Albert Silver's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow