Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,665
Like?
X10: Fujifilm asked me to return the camera for a refund
Oct 7, 2012

Just for your information: Fujifilm asked me to return my X10 to the dealer for a refund. They prefer to lose the money instead of looking into reproducible issues with AUTO DR and AUTO ISO.

The camera was bought at the end of 2012. When I first sent in demonstration images for the AUTO DR issue Fujifilm asked me to return the camera, but I kept on to it until replacement sensors for the orb/white-disc issue were available. Then the camera had to be sent to Fujifilm three times in order to get the sensor issue fixed as well as those issues purely arising from the repair procedure (lots of dust in the lens, grip fallen off).

In all three instances Fujifilm ignored the other problems I listed, including the AUTO DR issue for which they originally asked me to send in the camera. My X10 spent a total of nearly three (3) months at Fujifilm Germany, England and all the places in between. No word of apology from Fujifilm Germany for any of the inconvenience.

This is quite unfortunate, because the X10 stills is unique and unmatched on the market and the X-E1 looks like a very desirable camera. But Service is part of the package when you pay good money for an electronic device and this is where Fujifilm is lacking to a point where I prefer to support other companies with my money.

Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow