texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,538Gear list
Like?
Re: Not much...
In reply to amalric, Oct 7, 2012

amalric wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

dcassat wrote:

Uh, wow, that seems like a non-starter. The reference to the OM lens focal length is something but for those of us waiting for something awesome, just disappointment.

-- hide signature --

Dan

See above, just the absence of humming noise which is practically gone, in that firmware was worth it for me.

Well if so it means that stab kicks in only at focussing, which is GREAT. It might also save a lot on the batteries.

Am.

-- hide signature --

Yep - IBIS kicks in on half-press now. The camera is silent, otherwise. I guess if you turn off 'IBIS at half-press', the IBIS will only engage at full-press, but I prefer to leave it on at half-press, anyway.

I'm also hoping this will improve battery lifetime. Seems like it would have to - whatever was running all the time before, to make that noise, is now only running when it's needed. It'll be interesting to hear battery-life reports after more people have installed the update.

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow