Dirty sensor or damaged sensor?

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
lonewolf69
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,345Gear list
Like?
Re: Dirty sensor or damaged sensor?
In reply to Oceanfront Images, Oct 7, 2012

Oceanfront Images wrote:

Hi Folks.  I am a brand new Sony a900 owner. I bought the camera used and I am concerned that the sensor is damaged based on the consistent appearance of a discolored portion in one part of every shot with several lenses, exposures, etc.  I did the cleaning program on the menu several times, I used a blower as was suggested by the Sony tech folks and I still see the mark appearing.  I have posted examples in my gallery and circled the problem.  The person that sold it to me is willing to take it back for a 10% restocking fee.  If the problem is just dirt I have a repair shop clean it. If it is actual damage I think I need to cut my losses and buy another used camera with a proper sensor.  Please let me know and thanks in advance for any help.

Did you try didfferent lenses?  Also please post some pictures so that we can see the issue you are referring to...?

-- hide signature --

-Alex From the minds of Minolta to the imagination of Sony, Alpha, like no other. www.pbase.com/lonewolf69

lonewolf69's gear list:lonewolf69's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow