Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobAHu
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
SEL35F18 vs SEL24F18Z
Oct 7, 2012

I'm extremely new to photography (just having read all the photography concepts tutorials on Cambridge in Colour), and have recently bought a Nex-5n for my wife, and am now putting together a 'roadmap' of which lenses we could get in the future.

I have been reading with interest about the new SEL35F18, but also about the older Sony Zeiss SEL24F18Z.

The SEL24F18Z seems to have outstanding reviews (apart from the price), and I can tell that people on the forum are excited about the upcoming SEL35F18.

I'm trying to understand how the two lenses compare. Would they be used for quite different purposes?

I realise it's not possible to compare the image quality you'd get from both lenses, as the SEL35F18 is not out yet, but I am assuming that it's safe to assume that the Zeiss lens will be better.

Am I right in understanding that the Zeiss lens does not have image stabilisation? I couldn't see that listed on it's product page http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ddl-fixed-focal-length-lenses/sel-24f18z/technical-specifications#tab

Are both lenses suitable for:

1. Every day use outside
  2. Low light indoors
  3. Portraits

Thank you.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow