Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sonylover1
Regular MemberPosts: 429
Like?
Re: My 10-22 got beaten by RX100...
In reply to rrccad, Oct 7, 2012

rrccad wrote:

Sonylover1 wrote:

The venerable 10-22 have done good service with my 7D for a couple of years. In a shoot-out with Sony RX100 I was astounded by the quality of the little Zeiss-lens.

The colours are different due to settings in the cameras but looking at fine details - boy, my 10-22 has to retreat in disgrace...

One lens at 900$ got beaten by a 900$ point&shooter. Strange world.

-- hide signature --

Mike

nice shots .. but i'm not sure what you'd expect.  at f/8 the 7D will already show signs of diffraction - run that through DPP's DLO and compare again  comparing JPG output probably isnt the best comparison anyways.  not to mention your framing isn't the same - making it more difficult to compare.

also i would expect a tuned point and shoot with a prime lens to out perform a zoom lens on a generic mount camera.

I have tried a lot of good point&shooters, Panasonic TZ, and a couple of Sonys - they have never beaten any of my Dslrlenses .

If RX100 is this good due to Sonys refining of the lenspackage - how good will the RX1 be?!

-- hide signature --

Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow