Photoscape Users.... RAF support now available.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
NOEL 100
Contributing MemberPosts: 657Gear list
Like?
Re: Soft RAF conversion.
In reply to Ralph McKenzie, Oct 7, 2012

Hi Ralph,

Just down loaded and had a play with Photoscape. It's got some interesting features as well as being fairly simple to use.

What I did notice is when I tried converting RAF files off the 30 to JPG with Photoscape they came out noticeably softer than SilkyPix produces in it's default settings.

The camera's own Jpg were miles in front in my test. It may work out different for the 20 but from what I've found with the 30 there's a bit more work needed on the converter. I'm not going to be critical because it's free and the rest of the package looks like fun to use. Also I don't shoot many RAW Pics because the 30 does a pretty good job itself with the JPG's.  I'm going to have a play with some JPG's and see what I can create.

It will be interesting to see whether it's just me or others notice the softer converter?

Have a good one..

-- hide signature --

Noel 100

NOEL 100's gear list:NOEL 100's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow