Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jabilson007
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?
Bummed, but returning D600
Oct 7, 2012

All was going good, happy with low light, fps, AF, resolution etc. On a lark, I decided to test for sensor dust. Well, what a mess. Spots all over the place! But these did not look like dust spots. So I cleaned the lens and ran the auto sensor clean. Still there. Did it all again. No change. Tried a different lens. Still there.

At this point I know it is serious, but I really like this camera. So, I go to the local camera store and buy a sensor cleaning kit. I do a cleaning. Still there. Three tries later and no improvement. (I'll post a photo later for reference)

So now I am in the process of returning the D600 and the 24-85 vr and looking to find a D600 without this flaw. I have never seen anything this bad and could not be cleaned. You may me asking why the 24-85? Here's the rub while in the camera store I tested the D600 with a 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 vr ii. Gotta have them!

Don't expect any gifts from me this year, I won't have any money!

On a side note how is the TC-20eiii on the 70-200 for kids sports and wildlife?

-- hide signature --

"If you can't say something nice...go **** yourself"
-unknown

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
n/tNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow