600mm IS II + TC 1.4III , 9xBIF, 2xstatic, my first shots

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
rebel99
Senior MemberPosts: 2,439
Like?
Re: 600mm IS II + TC 1.4III , 9xBIF, 2xstatic, my first shots
In reply to garyknrd, Oct 7, 2012

garyknrd wrote:

I am always amazed at the folks that want to hand hold this lens. It is the same weight as my 500mm L IS. At 60 now. Walking all day with the 500 is out period. Hand holding for BIF is great no problem but still heavy and shaky. With the 7D it is still very heavy. I thought about the new 600 ll.

But the weight is out for me. I will get the new 500 ll. People need to think about and factor in allot of things before they buy this lens. Beautiful photos by the way.

hi gary, i don't think the weight of this lens will be an issue for me, i visit the gym on daily bases and keep myself in good condition. i do quite a bit of arm and shoulder strengthening exercises just for that purpose! by the way, i'll be 61 very shortly you are absolutely right, people should think about lugging along this lens all day and hand holding photog issues before opting for this lens. i am looking forward to get this lens and enjoy birding for a while.

cheerz.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow