OT....Please tell me this is not a virus!

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Loren D Sanders Sr
Regular MemberPosts: 311Gear list
Like?
Re: OT....Please tell me this is not a virus!
In reply to RayGuselli, Oct 7, 2012

Ray you have helped so many people and everyone here appreciates you and your skills. I know the guys are suggesting in hope of helping you. Just in case I run into your problem I would like to ask you what version of Windows you are running? I have been using Windows7 professional for more than a year, maybe two, but I have installed Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials and have had very few problems. I do install new software that I might need on a trial basis but as soon as I feel I don't need it or I go into Control Panel and under Programs and Features, I will uninstall it ASAP. I also clean any other software that I don't use or need out of Programs and Features.

The more you load your computer down with programs, the slower it runs so it is a continuous battle or maintenance chore to keep things running smooth. Be methodical in maintaining your computer. Record changes on paper, hand written for safety....

One last thing I do to make Windows start faster and run smoother, I go to RUN: and type in Config.sys....it brings up the System Configuration dialog box. Select the Startup Tab, and remove the check marks in all of the boxes but clicking on Remove All. This will help improve your experience with Windows7 by not loading these programs on startup. If you find you use a program daily, you can leave it in if you want but first try not loading it. This has been my experience. Your mileage may vary. Just print this message so you can remember how to go back to change any thing I have suggested just in case it doesn't work. There are quite a few things that can go wrong with a computer and what I have mentioned really only deal with Window7 on my PC which is Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz, not the fastest available but with 16 Gigs of memory, it allows me to open Photoshop CS5 and Capture NX2 at the same time without freezing my Computer. I had not heard of Sandbox or some of the other programs before. I have used CCCleaner before but changed over to Malwarebytes and Security Essentials about a year ago. See if others agree with my suggestions and it goes without saying:  backup  backup   backup  and you should have a DVD of your system repair disk to use just in case you have to recover your system. Go to Help, System Repair and read about how to create one and how to use it when you need it. The best site I have found for Computer problems of all kinds is http://www.computing.net/forum/windows7/191/1.html

Good luck to you Ray...you are the best.

-- hide signature --

Loren Sr

Loren D Sanders Sr's gear list:Loren D Sanders Sr's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow