Salt Life.. Three Versions.. Which do you prefer and why?

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vaughn T.Winfree
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,988Gear list
Like?
Salt Life.. Three Versions.. Which do you prefer and why?
Oct 6, 2012

I was shooting an event today at the beach and was there a bit early to get in some personal photos of my own... I use the Sigma 19mm for my wide shots, and I have the 50mm OSS when I want  a nice DOF on a subject... But it still amazes me on what I can get out of the NEX-7 using the kit lens..... Three versions of the same shot.. I would welcome constructive comments on which one you like and why... Thanks so much...

This is close to the original with saturation ever so slightly bumped up from the JPEG.

Black and White version with my personal settings using Topaz from the JPEG.

Tone Mapped 3 images from the RAW File -0.1EV, 0.0EV, and +0.33EV converted to JPEG final image.

-- hide signature --

Vaughn T. Winfree
These are not the Droids you are looking for~~
'See what the camera see's. Let the lens interpret what can be. Capture a moment in time telling a story.'--Vaughn T. Winfree

Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list:Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S100 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow