Newbie question. NEX-5 or NEX-5n?

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Questions thread
MaxiMax
Regular MemberPosts: 214Gear list
Like?
Re: Newbie question. NEX-5 or NEX-5n?
In reply to BobT, Oct 6, 2012

Hi BobT,

First of all, it has been quite a long time since I posted here. I used to have some "big guns" from Canon, like the 1Ds Mark II with some great "L" lenses. I bought quite an impressive gear some years ago. Recently, I have sold all that gear. I had to abandon my plans to go "professional". It is just too hard to become a pro photographer nowadays. So, I decided to get some lighter equipment as I do only photograph occasionally nowadays. But, I wanted something very good. I did my research a couple of months ago, and went for the NEX-5N. No regrets.... I wanted to carry something as small as possible that produces high image quality without having to break my neck or shoulder. This is a very compact system camera that produces top images. As the NEX-5N also produces top video quality (far better than most commercial camcorders), this was the right camera for me. I also got the EVF for it and the mike as well (for video recording). This is a fantastic camera! Now, very recently, I wanted a great (but small) compact camera, and got the RX-100. Sony is really making some great cameras! The quality is excellent! The only disadvantage with the NEX series cameras is their cumbersome menu-system controls. I am a bit old-fashioned, preferring mechanical dials for controlling the most important functions. But then, once you have learned how to control the functions of the NEX-5N you will be very pleased with the images that you can produce with it.

-MaxiMax

MaxiMax's gear list:MaxiMax's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow