ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
franco
Contributing MemberPosts: 567
Like?
just switched to nikon
Oct 6, 2012

Hi guys,

My beloved canon 7D was stolen last week. I was debating on getting another 7D or get the 5D. With so much talk about the D800 i couldn't resist. Bought one today with a couple of lenses.the 85 !.8 and the 24-120 f4.

I am by no means a professional photografer, just a hobbyist. I will be using it mainly for studio portraits and family photos.

my biggest dilemma was choosing betwwen the D600 and the D800. Tried both at the local shop. The D800 felt much better in my hands. I am still trying to get used to the button layout. its quite different from canons layout.

I have a few questions and hope for some help.

1. Is it possible to set a shooting mode (A,P,S,M) to a specific Bank.

2. With canon, it was easy figuring out which were high quality. Canon L lenses are the better ones. Does nikon have a similar system.

3. tried quick snapshots. there is a greenish hue to the photos on the lcd. But they look fine once transfered to pc. is this normal.

-- hide signature --

franco 7D 30D, Battery grip, EF 70-200L f4, EF 50 f1.8, Ef 24-105mm f4 LIS, canon i9950.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow