How do you organize your videos?

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vulcanrider
Regular MemberPosts: 300Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you organize- diverroy
In reply to eagle_I, Oct 6, 2012

eagle_I wrote:

I've just been using file tree structure to organize my shooting as to date and time separating significant scene changes to a sub directory.

I'm thinking I'd like to find software help for logging my footage.  You know timecode and scene description stuff.  I'm new at doing it, but found use of NoteTab Pro (a text editor) awkward.  I could probably struggle to set-up some specialized hot keys for some of the repetitive stuff ... but I'm not very good at that sort of programming.  Figure I'd put these files in the same directory as the footage.  At this point I'm not seeing a need to search for a shoot subject.  Searching footage logs for a particular scene would be good though.

Mark

Mark,

Good idea on using a file tree structure, separating subjects/themes/, etc. into sub-directories.  This method involves, say, Sony Vega Plus Operating System.  Using Lightroom involves a third party; Vega + OS + LR.

Forget code!  Fortran, MS Dos and Lotus 123 were my style - (too long ago).

Thanks for your input and ideas.

Alan

Vulcanrider's gear list:Vulcanrider's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow