Like?
Re: wj...
In reply to wymjym, Oct 6, 2012

wymjym wrote:

Hi Andre,

well..............

it is the same ovf as g12/11

my 1st impressions are more positive than negative so that is good

the bright lens is a great thing and as I came to learn from X10 experiences....the bright lens in combination with pretty good iso800 performance will allow for many shots to be acceptable.

In bright light the 15 is slightly faster (af + firing shot) than g12/P7100…in poor light it is much, much faster than g12 and much faster than p7100 (P7000 is not even in the same league).

The lens is sharp!

Shooting above iso 400 (assuming you want fine details) will require raw….but it can give a noticeable improvement.

I tried to post these yesterday but didn’t quite understand the new system…so a repeat if you will.

wj

Thank you very much for the pictures and comments.

The new DPR site is a bit complicated to understand. The pictures look very interesting. You've posted very nice samples that demonstrate the ability to get shallow DOF thanks to the bright lens.

I'm interested in the dynamic range. I'd like to know if the G15 is better than the P7100 in that department.

I find that the limited dynamic range is the main flaw of those small sensors.

Also, the effectiveness or the IS is important for low light shots.

If you have time to do some tests and share your impressions, I'd be glad to read them.

Cheers

-- hide signature --
 andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow