Consider to replace Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 to NIKON 12-24mm F4. is it an upgrade ?

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AviramL
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Consider to replace Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 to NIKON 12-24mm F4. is it an upgrade ?
Oct 6, 2012

hello,

I have Nikon d7000.  i use SIGMA 10-20mm for landscape and for wide angle photos.I tried to use it for long exposure at night but without much success.

sometimes i think the lens is not that sharp for me. although i took very good photos with the lens. but still i think to do an upgrade to NIKON 12-24mm F4. well, the upgrade will cost about 300$

The question is simple. Is its really an upgrade. i know i will loose 2mm but will i get significantly sharp photos than the sigma in the center and in the corner?

What do you think? is it a real upgrade? how is NIKON 12-24mm in general comparing to Sigma SIGMA 10-20mm.    a specially at 12mm which is better?

remark: I did considered to replace the Sigma to the new Nikon 10-24mm but the cost is to expensive.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow