Thom Hogan DX articles and poll

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
joeybob
Contributing MemberPosts: 533Gear list
Like?
Good articles on Thom's site now
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Oct 6, 2012

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Hogan has a poll on DX lenses that I think many of you will find interesting. If you have a DX lens that you want Nikon to make or improve, here's a good chance to participate in a poll that has a much better chance of getting to Nikon than any of the polls/posts here on DPR.

He also has a couple of good DX articles that you might find interesting. One is on the main page and the other is linked from the main page.

http://www.bythom.com/

In years past, Hogan seemed to have a lot of insider info and contacts with Nikon. That doesn't appear to be the case in recent history, which is a shame, for obvious reasons.

For those of you who don't like Hogan, I don't understand why you'd go to his site or reply to this thread. I put his name prominently in the subject line, precisely to warn you folks of the content so you'd not open the thread and be upset.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Also, as time marches on... My D300 bodies continue to age and I'm not interested in the D7000 as a replacement. Ideally, the camera I want is the D4. 16 MP, all the buttons available, sturdy build, durable, fast, Hi ISO, FPS.... Unfortunately I don't have 6 grand...

D600 - too much like the D7K. D800? I do not have an unlimited supply of hard drive space (and frankly $500 for a G'damn grip?). Ideally I need a camera that has 16-24 MP, can take a fair amount of abuse, is weather sealed and has the high ISO performance of (at least) the D7K. Right now my D300 bodies meet most of what I want - (sort of?)... Some of the statistics that Thom writes about - specifically the comparison of DX vs FX lens production - are very telling...

The more the clock ticks, the more that the competition looks more appealing. The longer I wait (perhaps) the less I'll get for my DX gear on the used market. Spring 2013? We'll see. Personally I'd like to see "it" before the end of 2012.

joeybob's gear list:joeybob's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow