Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,274Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ150 over FZ100 was MASSIVE improvement. FZ200 over FZ150? Hmmm
In reply to mackey1001, Oct 6, 2012

mackey1001 wrote:

quezra wrote:

The FZ200 is a (3) & (4) upgrade over the FZ150 - the EVF and the f2.8 lens particularly.  The FZ150 was more of a (2) improvement over the FZ100.  FZ200 likely has the exact same sensor as the FZ150 inside, and side-by-side shots are really not going to tell you much, especially when nearly everyone who's done them in this forum have had really basic errors in their settings when shooting.

Yes, shooting errors/technique problems, and photo newbies, have shown the worst results from those posting "bad" photos.

The FZ200 can do stuff the FZ150 can't.  Try shooting a 600mm shot at sunset trying to catch a bird in natural light.  Try shooting sports under school-field-stadium lights.  Try shooting indoors macro in natural light.  etc.  If you don't do any of these, or you've adjusted your photography to only shoot in broad daylight, sure you aren't going to see much improvement. But people who love to shoot in difficult conditions, under ambient light, etc. - they are going to love the FZ200.  The versatility and reach of this camera makes it a highly desirable tele-backup for that sort of user.

+1. Agree 100%. I get stuff with my FZ200 I couldn't get with the same quality with my FZ150. Full-zoom low light at low ISO have been possible, whereas in the same situation with the FZ150 the lens was just too slow and ISO too high. I'm very pleased with the FZ200 improvements.

People (and I've done this myself) will always try to justify that what they have is fine, which is true if you restrict the type of shooting conditions you do photography in.

Very well stated post, querza

-M1

Contrary to what the OP said, I would say that a much improved ability to shoot the FZ200 in low light is a huge improvement of the sort that was made when going from the FZ100 to the FZ150. There has never been a superzoom that shot well in low light before, this is a big deal.

-- hide signature --

S100fs, S6500, S5, F300, D40, EX1, EPM1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow