ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
abhijitsarkar
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Problem with creating a Photo book
Oct 6, 2012

Hi,

After a recent road trip, for the first time, I wanted to get a photo book created. I've gotten some prints done before but as I said, not a photo book. Mixbook seemed to have gotten some good reviews so I went. And therein started the issues.

No matter how I export my images from LR4, I could not get them fit into a 8.5x11 book. They would always bleed heavily outside the allotted image area, as a result, cropping the sides of the image. I contacted their tech support who told me that the only way to preserve the full image is to upload it as a background to the page. For multiple images with corresponding text, I'd have to create the whole thing as an image in PS or InDesign and upload as a background image.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Seriously? If I do all the work and they don't do a thing, what am I paying for? Certainly the fancy presets they provide is part of the package that I would buy.

Frustrated, I tried some other services like MyPublisher with the same results. Now I am creating the book in LR4 which has integration with Blurb and seems to be handling the images well. Blurb was not in my preferred provider list but I guess I'd compromise for an intact image than a superior book.

I being new to printing images, it's possible that I am missing something. However, so far, the above providers couldn't point it out to me.

-- hide signature --

Abhijit

abhijitsarkar's gear list:abhijitsarkar's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow