X-Pro1 / X-E1 vs D600

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jpatkinson
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Pro1 / X-E1 vs D600
In reply to Pelicashka, Oct 6, 2012

Pelicashka wrote:

Even though I know of all the pros and cons of each of these cameras and even though I lust for X-Pro1, as a happy X100 user, I still can't help but notice how much better the actual images out of the D600 look to my eye. I'm not speaking about the image quality and resolution. It's more like some sort of depth and a 3D character to the images and also the colors. They do look warmer on the D600 pictures, while the X-Pro1 files seem somewhat cold to me in comparison. Weird. What I did was search for photos from both cameras on Flickr.

I, too, am moving from D700+primes to a replacement camera or kit (X, NEX, or D600). I actually had a different impression at 500px. Search for X100 or X-Pro1 or D600 and see what you get. Without question, I felt the images from the former two had more character and depth and more pleasant color rendition. Perhaps those photographers who choose the X-series cameras are less likely to "spray and pray," and -- as a result -- end up with more thoughtful compositions/images. Who knows? We really are lucky to be able to have this "problem" of finding the right camera!

jpatkinson's gear list:jpatkinson's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow