Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DuncanDovovan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,277
Like?
Madeira
Oct 6, 2012

I took my NEX-7 on vacation to Madeira. Wonderful landscapes.

A couple of years ago I stopped taking my Canon with me, because it was just too bulky. So we were traveling with a Panasonic P&S only. It felt good having a great camera with me again!

The NEX survived well although I had to be careful with the powdery dust in some parts of the island.

Most of this was taken with the SEL18200 and the SEL16F28 with UWA.

I took both lenses with me in a small camera bag that was either attached to my belt or in my backpack.

Sea water being pushed up through a hole.

Every night a great sunset. What a life... =;-) Taken with in-camera HDR.

Levadas are irrigation channels and many have paths along side. Beautiful light.

My daughter posing - fisheye with perspective correction in PP.

Impressive volcanic landscapes. In camera pano.

Episodes with eruptions are visible like rings in a tree.

From the highest mountain on the island, very very hot and against the sun. Actually the entire island was a vulcano. The valleys were all formed by erosion.

Last year there has been a fire. Spooky trees are evidence.

Family portrait. Center focus on ourselves.

Humid atlantic air being pushed up over the mountains. Top left a military radar station. Trees have been blackened by a wildfire a while ago.

Should have brought my polarization filter that day. Still OK. Nice contrast between the mountain and the white reflection of the clouds in the sea.

Another fisheye (16mm with UWA). Too bad the perspective is lost. This was a pretty dangerous spot - you should not fall down here. But looks harmless in fisheye perspective. I use FishEye Hemi - an Aperture plugin - to correct the fisheye perspective. It does a fantastic job, without losing a lot of material.

-- hide signature --

I'm a peaceful person looking for clarity and harmony and willing to help. If you believe my post had the intention to harm you in some way, you are probably wrong. =;-) Please verify first before assuming something bad happened to you. I can be a bit too brief at times. =;-)

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow