Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
agarg
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Canon 600EX-RT Flash Colour Gel Holder
Oct 6, 2012

Hi I recently got the new Canon flash 600EX-RT and I wanted to know how to use the colour filter holder with the older Canon 5D/Canon 1D MK ii .  With the gel in the holder attached to flash what should I have the the camera WB set to?  Is there any WB communication between the new flash and the older bodies? The manual states to use AWB with 2012 cameras because the camera can automatically figure out the WB setting.  I called Canon today and they told me to use the Flash WB setting on my cameras. The Canon rep didnt sound very convincing like he knew what he was talking about.  Just until recently I was using the 550EX flash gelled with orange gel and would set the camera to Tungsten setting and get pretty good results indoors.  Now I am getting mixed results with AWB getting better colors than Flash and Tungsten seems too cold.  There is not much documentation regarding using the new Canon gels with the older bodies..anyone have any advice?

www.amitgargphotography.com

http://www.flickr.com/people/13660695@N04/

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow