Gone from Nex (or other mirror less) to M8 M9?

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jgoldstein2000
Regular MemberPosts: 178
Like?
Gone from Nex (or other mirror less) to M8 M9?
Oct 5, 2012

I have been using the Nex system since the 5 came out (first the 5 and then the 5N and now the 7 exclusively). I have a few m-mount pieces of glass that I use as well as the Zeiss 24 and the Sony 50mm.

I have always been curious about Leica and the rangefinder experience. I have seen lot's of threads of Leica shooters who have either switched to a mirrorless system or use one as a complement. What I am curious about is whether some here have gone from mirrorless to Leica.

The sticker shock for the "less advanced" sensor etc. of the M9 is hard for me to justify and I am tempted to buy the full frame Rx1 coming out but something keeps making me look at used M9-Ps, M9s and M8s constantly.

Just looking for thoughts or experiences by people who have used both. How did they each make you feel and affect your photography. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow