Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coaltrain
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
x10 to xs-1?
Oct 5, 2012

I might need my head examined, but because of some recent changes in my life, I am not really using my x10 much anymore. I just love the x10 and everything about the exr processor and of course those Fuji colors.

But......I need a longer zoom as "zooming with my feet" is not an option most of the time now. I've taken a good look at the reviews and specs for the HS-30 and XS-1 and it looks like the XS-1 would be the closest match since as far as I can tell from the specs the sensor is the same that is in the x10.

So now the main question - I realize I am talking about going from a decent 2.8 constant zoom lens to a super zoom type lens with variable aperture - am I going to be very dissapointed with the difference in IQ?

Also to add to the confusion, the price of the HS30 has come down to be very attractive, but it has a smaller sensor.

coaltrain's gear list:coaltrain's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) +7 more
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow