Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YoursTruly
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Firmware ver.2 for Fuji X10 WARNING!
Oct 5, 2012

Be careful with new ver.2 firmware for it if you shoot JPEG and RAW. New firmware permanently assigns other function to the RAW button and it no longer can be used for quick switch to RAW mode. Actually the only way to switch to RAW or back is to assign RAW function to Fn button or use deep-buried menu option.

On the other hand, new Q-Menu (that permanently occupies the RAW button) can't switch to RAW and may be not too useful for you - I found almost no settings in there I needed to change quckily before and could not. Actually some items are questionable like timer function - it already has dedicated button, why is it in there too?
It is really baffling to have a RAW button not doing anything at all related to its label. And as you can't roll it back you may choose to stay with older firmware as the new one doesn't bring any fixes or critical improvements (at least no confirmed ones). If there are some that are not declared but can be confirmed - please share.

Spread the word so people consider this before they upgrade. I am not saying that everyone should stay out of upgrading but some people could be better off with older FW and their customizable RAW button.

Remember that you can't rollback the firmware.
Dear Fujifilm, please make the RAW button programmable as it were and include Q-menu as one of the options!

-- hide signature --

Alexander

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow