S100/110 vs G12/G15

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
seri_art
Senior MemberPosts: 2,183Gear list
Like?
Re: S100/110 vs G12/G15
In reply to taramisty, Oct 5, 2012

I've come to accept that as the price of the small size of the S100. When I can't see detail on the screen, I look at the subject and see what objects I want in the photo and about where I want them. Then I can see shapes well enough on the screen to compose the shot. I didn't really think about this; it just seemed to happen naturally as I needed it. I find it works pretty well for shooting blind

Most fun is shooting a group of people with the sun behind me and on the screen. I compose the shape of the group of people on the screen, then hold the camera still (hopefully) and look at the people directly, pressing the shutter button when they're all looking good. What fun...

taramisty wrote:

I have just spent 2 weeks in Sicily with the S100. Am seriously considering the G15 purely for the optical viewfinder. How do others cope in sunlight? I've changed the brightness etc but I'm still shooting blind at times...

seri_art's gear list:seri_art's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow