X100 or X10 For Trip - Advice Needed

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
William Ing
Regular MemberPosts: 461
Like?
Re: X100 or X10 For Trip - Advice Needed
In reply to nicknd99, Oct 5, 2012

I shoot with the X10 (original sensor). While I have no experience with the X100, I've often tried to imagine what it would be like to shoot with this fine camera and its fixed lens, as well as the wide angle converter, a most impressive performer, judging by photos I've seen on this forum.

What puzzles me is why you find yourself facing a dilemma. Is it merely because you don't want to have to choose between the two formats while shooting in the field?

As far as weight is concerned, I can't see that the addition of an X10, plus charger and perhaps two extra batteries, would constitute that much of an additional burden on your travel kit, nor should it be that tough to carry the X10 around with you once arriving at your destination.

As you've pointed out, bringing the X10 along as an adjunct camera to your X100 would give you the advantages of telephoto reach and somewhat better video performance.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow