"Clash of the Titans" - D800E vs M9! (1.4MB file)

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael S.
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,485Gear list
Like?
"Clash of the Titans" - D800E vs M9! (1.4MB file)
Oct 5, 2012

Greetings!

So I asked myself (!) - how does the NIKON D800E with a fixed focal length lens look compared to a camera know for its high resolution sensor and the worlds best lenses?

Tripod, cover of magazine on the garage wall - so, in the shadows outdoors, picture taken with f8 with 50mm f1.4 Nikkor, mirror lock up and the 50mm Noctilux with f8.0 on the same tripod...

BOTH files processed in the very same way through LR4.2 (I saved the processing file) - noise reduction off.
From left to right: 100% crop of the M9, then 100% crop of the D800E after reducing the file to the same size as the M9 file (18MP), and on the very right - the 100% crop of the 36MP file of the D800E:

I think the M9 with one of the best 50mm lenses on the market holds up very good.
To make myself clear - I do have both cameras and I do "love" them both...so no brand wars please!

-- hide signature --

Michael S.
EUROPE; dpreview since 2001
NIKON NPS Member
(check equipment via profile)
http://www.pbase.com/bountyhunter

Michael S.'s gear list:Michael S.'s gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D800E Leica M Typ 240
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow