Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clail
Contributing MemberPosts: 547Gear list
Like?
Some Pre Production NEX 6 shots
Oct 5, 2012

Here's what i managed to get with the 16-50 lens just now. Firmware version was 1.00 in one cam and the other was .99  Tried focusing with my 55-210 and it was just a tad faster than my Nex5 and it hunted as well. But the new 16-50 was blazingly fast and the PDAF did help as it did not hunt like my 5 did. I did not try loading the 16-50 on my 5 as there were just two Nex 6 in the photo fair.

I believe they have yet to make the hybrid AF work on the 55-210. I tried focusing on a subject with bright background and it nailed the focus well. It missed just once but probably due to user error, LOL.

Tried focusing behind the counter, i think it struggled a bit, but focusing on the black table top about 1.5ft away and then up to the dark ceiling above on the 16-50 was quick like within a second. I think the hybrid AF seems to work well when theres some available light. It seems to know where to focus and you don't get that blur then clear then blur then clear CDAF hunting.

Full resolution Jpegs coming up!

No brick wall to use, so i thought I'd use the floor instead

ISO3200, black shirts not a problem

ISO 25600

Another High ISO with more interesting subjects

Didn't manage to do any video, was hogging the cam too much! Sorry guys.

Nex 6 body seems identical to the 7 save for the Tri Navi, shutter sounds muted and having handled the 7 a few days ago, seems even smoother. Mode dial is rather stiff, I like the new Fn button, you can change your 6 fav settings in one fell swoop. The plastic body feels very solid as well.

The new kit lens looks very well made. But I bought the Sigma 19mm which was on sale at the fair anyway...

clail's gear list:clail's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +8 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow