7D for portraits

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,645Gear list
Like?
Re: Go look at the dial
In reply to BAK, Oct 5, 2012

BAK wrote:

First of all, are you complaining about a response to you, or a response to some character who called my first response rubbish?

Regardless...

You had the opportunity to post an intelligent question, but chose instead to post one that made no sense.

It is really dumb, dumb, and almost dumb questions that drive good responders away from the forum.

We spend time looking at all or most postings, just to see if we can be helpful.

That takes our time. You wasted it.

Anyone with a 7D should first of all know the answer, and second of all provide some indication of what they think a portrait is, as they intend to create them, if there is some particular weirdness in your plans.

Except it doesn't matter what camera it is, in the world of Digital Single Lens Reflex  cameras.

A good lens, and you already should know a 7D would take any Canon lens, a shutter with various speeds, a diaphram with variable apertures, and a built-in meter is all anyone needs to take excellent portraits.

As long as they add some talent.

SO WHAT'S WRIONG WITH A BAD QUESTION, sucgh as your original, you might asl.

It makes other people think that the bundles of $2000- $5000 worth of hardware is really important, and it takes their attention away from what matters.

Insight matters.

Vision matters

Seeing the light matters

Being a viewer's proxy matters

Presantation of the image matters

Preparation of the subject matters

And there is no little head icon on the dial.

You raise an interesting question about whether or not a nonsensical question or statement should be responded to in a public forum by those us us who actually know stuff.

Or do we just let these questions slide by, to be responded too by people who don't really know that much, but love fuzzy backgrounds and cross points?

Now I will go walk the dog.

BAK

Well I remember when I started here in 05 I asked a lot of dumb questions. Probably still do. I don't mind helping out but I do pick and choose. You made some good points and thanks for my morning chuckle. I'm glad you did not say irregardless because I would have stopped reading there

Zee Char's gear list:Zee Char's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow