!.5 firmware makes hum louder

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ageha
Contributing MemberPosts: 651Gear list
Like?
Re: !.5 firmware makes hum louder
In reply to dko22, Oct 5, 2012

dko22 wrote:

It does say in several places in the instructions, that the firmware can't be returned to the previous version. My humble take on this, having just upgraded, is that the amount of noise varies. The background goes from being almost totally inaudible to noticeably quieter than before. With the half press, it does seem sometimes louder and other times similar to before the firmware update. I suspect there are a number of factors at play here, quite apart from subjective ones. It seems to vary according to how long the camera has been on or how long you hold the shutter or perhaps even what you focus on (although I can't hear any clear difference between MF and AF). This probably explains the differing reports from different users. And that's without taking different IS, AF and other camera settings into account.

I reckon we should all stop making a fuss and focus on what has improved in things like C-AF tracking, better IS/AF performance and perhaps other undocumented improvements as some users have already done. Both from v1.1 and 1.2 which those having recently bought the camera should have.

David

JL Auch wrote:

The hum seems louder now to me as well. Also if I jiggle the camera with the shutter half-pressed it makes a chunky noise, which it never made before. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware? I would downgrade because of this change. The hum never never bothered me before now it slightly annoying.

-J

"Improved C-AF tracking"? Where did you read that?

ageha's gear list:ageha's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow