Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aftab
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,697Gear list
Like?
DXO has no clothes
Oct 5, 2012

Someone had to say this. DXO worship should end.

According to DXO, 6 out of top 10 sensors in the world lives in Nikon cameras. We all know Nikon uses Sony's Exmor sensors. Then why not a single Sony camera is in DXO's top 10 list? Why?

DXO claims that they know when a sensor has been manipulated by on chip NR etc. Really? Give me  a break!

And DXO claims that they only tests sensors and lenses, not cameras (Thank God, they don't), but they come up with this headline, Canon’s EOS 5D Mark III Stumbles Against Rival. It is just about sensors, not cameras. Yeah, right. Shouldn't the headline be 'Canon’s EOS 5D Mark III sensor Stumbles Against Rival'?

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/News/DxOMark-news/Canon-s-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Stumbles-Against-Rival

And they 'normalize'. As if there is something normal about how we take pictures or print them. A scientific way to say would be, we can't compare sensor A to sensor B, because they are so different, we can't compare apples with oranges. But DXO tries to normalize, as if there is something scientific about it.

A scientific assertion or method has to be reproducible. DXO supplies its software and testing procedure to others for a price. Yet not a single tester was able to reproduce DXO's results using their prescribed method and software. Huh!

What is the point of talking about sensor only? Isn't a sensor just a piece of junk without a camera to use it?

I prefer comparison images posted in DPR and other review sites. It is much better than some hidden scientific procedure. I like to see with my own eyes. After all, that what we with pictures.

Photography is a combination of science and art, pseudo-science has no place in it.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow