Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
idillic
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
DP2M in Melbourne
Oct 5, 2012

I received my DP2M the other day and I went over the road from my office to take a few pictures in the park.  On downloading them & viewing them, frankly I was astonished at the quality.  I have an SD1M and it is great, but this little compact is something else.  I have attached a couple of pictures from the few that I took – not sure how they will show via the web.

The in camera settings I use are the same as for the SD1M – I set the contrast as far ‘minus’ as it will go mainly because the light in Melbourne is very contrasty.  In SPP, they are exported with a little fill light, highlights low & sharpness -2.  I give them some minor sharpening in Photoshop.

The thing about this camera is I end up seeing detail in the images I cannot see with the naked eye.  It’s a bit unnerving.

Wonderful camera, I am going to order a DP1M.  These are too good not to have. (Hopefully the distributor will give me credit on the disappointing 17-50mm zoom I bought a couple of months ago)

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  It was a nice spring day.

Below is a 100% crop from a small area left of centre.

100% crop

And they join well in lieu of a wide angle lens.

Fitzroy gardens East Melbourne - with the cbd in the background.

idillic's gear list:idillic's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Pentax 645D Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +8 more
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow