Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
river251
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
S3 IS won't focus
Oct 5, 2012

I'm a beginner, and have used my S3 as a point and shoot. I wonder what I am doing wrong; surely this camera can do this.

Now I am trying to shoot some vacuum tubes to sell on Ebay, and trying distances of 1 - 3 feet. The camera will often not focus. Sometimes it does, and it seems to help to move farther away. It hunts, and sometimes when it's in focus, when I press the shutter button, it goes out of focus. Sometimes I use a 3 second delay, am always using a tripod. I have tried using the macro, no change.This camera is supposed to have good macro. It seems like it should focus fine at any distance up to 3 feet. I'm having a hard time shooting my vacuum tubes.

I've also tried manual focus, but it always stops short of getting sharp. It seems to draw back but can't draw back far enough. But I want it to focus right in auto or macro mode.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow