ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Juggler
Senior MemberPosts: 1,335Gear list
Like?
FZ200 - ISO1600 - a real life sample
Oct 5, 2012

Hi,

Last night I took some photos of a band.. First of all, i am a dslr shooter, and when I go to a bar with a canon 5d mk II + 24-70mm f/2.8 hanging my neck, I always hesitate to take photos because some security guys stare at me and ask me not to take photos. Or, if there is an official photographer there, he feels usually threatened by the existence of a dslr and a big lens around.. But with FZ200, nobody cares about me To me, it doesn't look like a toy camera, people were ignorant most of the time.

I started with ISO400, then ISO800 and finally ISO 1600.. I shot raw and below photo and the crop was converted by using Adobe Camera Raw with its default settings. And the level of detail is impressive.. In spite of all the messages against high iso with FZ200, I am convinced that I can use high iso shots whenever I need.

Here is a photo at ISO 1600

ISO 1600, f/2.8, -1.33 EV, 1/100, 34mm focal length

and a 100% crop:

'Juggling is a metaphor for life.. Each ball represents one of life's concerns and the goal is to give each the appropriate amount of individual attention while simultaneously watching and guiding all the others. Life is about balance and staying quick and alert as everything threatens to spin out of control' from Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Juggler's gear list:Juggler's gear list
Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Mark II +16 more
Adobe Camera Raw 7 Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow