What "IF" no D300 replacement? What next?

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gazeomon
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: What "IF" no D300 replacement? What next?
In reply to Ronan_M, Oct 5, 2012

Ronan_M wrote:

I'm not planning to upgrade my D300s in the short / med term. And when I do, I will take a very close look at what's available on the mirrorless front.

Cameras such as the new Olympus OM-D 5 are now providing superb IQ and features and can only get better. I'm kind of tired of carrying around a big camera with big lenses. Sometimes, I find myself leaving the D300s behind and picking up my old D80 with a cheap 28-80 lens as "just in case" camera, which is much better than no camera at all.

For me - a complete amateur- this is the direction I will likely follow some years from now. I dont see a D400 in my future.

I often get my old D50 out, mostly with a SIGMA 70mm f2.8 macro and it does a darn good job. These big cameras maybe on their way out. Somehow I sense a change in the way we take images in a not too distant future. The future has already arrived to some degree (MILC, m4/3 etc.), but I think this is just the beginning of things to come. I am not too worried if a D400 arrives or not but I like to stay with my shooting style (nature, b.i.f., surfing action). The D300s is still plenty good enough for an amateur like me. Do I further invest in NIKON glass? No! It's 'wait and see' time. Good luck and Cheers, Hans

-- hide signature --

Hans

Gazeomon's gear list:Gazeomon's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 macro HD Pentax DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow