Do consider RX100 to be 28-200 camera ? (just me rambling) ...

Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
mark moe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,444
Like?
Re: A qualified yes
In reply to normsmith, Oct 5, 2012

I agree w/ your post below: I treat the RX as a 28-200 camera. Clear image zoom + all those pixels make for good to very good shots up to 200mm. In the optical zoom range more keepers but not a night and day difference

I really like my RX-- shooting at 1600 and not worrying too much and going for 3200 shots and not being crap at that ISO blow me away in a pocket camera. Love the in camera HDR, and mutiframe noise modes.

RX100: It's a home run.

normsmith wrote:

I am increasingly returning to Jpeg and just using this as a shooter without getting too hung up on pixel peeping in PP like I used to.

I keep my Clear Zoom switched on and treat it like an 18 - 200 BUT be aware that once you are into the clear zoom portion of the range, you lose the ability to meter or focus manually, so for example using spot focus when shooting against a bright background can't be done manually and you are in the hands of the auto system.

having said that, it has never realluy caused me a problem and the sensor resolution is so good, I have no problem using ordinary focus to get those manual controls and then going for a big crop.

The camera is an excellent all round performer.
--
my blog http://pinkfootstudio.blogspot.com
never more than 3 posts per page so you will not be overloaded with images.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow