The Oly 45mm has spoiled me, and I don't like my Pany 20mm as much. Is the 25mm a better choice?

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cani
Regular MemberPosts: 349Gear list
Like?
Re: Yep!
In reply to napilopez, Oct 5, 2012

napilopez wrote:

Also important to keep in mind that the narrower angle of view/compression also helps to provide subject isolation that is much harder to get on M4/3 than full frame at "typcal" street focal lengths(35, 50 equivs). Some people don't care about that for street, but if you do, the 45mm f1.8 is close to a typical 50 f1.8 on full frame regarding that aspect than a 25mm would be.

I agree with that. With either the 14mm, the 20mm or the 25mm I have never expected subject isolation by way of narrow dof in street shots, although it's partially doable when your subject is very close and you are shooting wide open.

My 25mm gets much more use than my 20mm, not so much because of AF but because I do not value small size as much as I did when I got the 20mm, and actually when I need a slim combo I usually take the 14mm with me.

Cani's gear list:Cani's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yep!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow