Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Write protected CF card?
Oct 4, 2012

I am attempting to run a program to test my CF cards called "h2testw.exe".  The program is saying that my CF card is "Write Protected".  Is this even possible?  I got the same message when I attempted to format the card.  I don't have a dedicated card reader.  I am using the CF card slot on my Canon MP 490 All In One Printer/Scanner/Copier.  I took the card out and formatted in my Canon 7D without any problem, but when I put the card back in the reader it is still saying that it is write protected.

Can anybody tell me what is happening?  I didn't think that it was possible to write protect a CF card.

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow