Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffsw6
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Information on my Epson 3880 ink consumption; couple questions
Oct 4, 2012

I received my Epson 3880 and want to share with you my ink consumption data so far.  I am printing mostly 13x19 borderless posters on Epson Luster.  The image below is just so you know about how much white-space is in these prints.  FYI the photo/artwork is not mine; I will mention this to his photographer later but I'm sure he will not mind me sharing it here.

My first dozen copies consumed about 4.5mL ink each.  Mostly it used PK, LB, and VLM; not very much of the other colors.  With OEM ink this is around $2.35/print and paper was under $1.50/sheet.  Once I change to aftermarket ink I believe my cost will go down to $0.72ea on this image and probably around $1 for prints with more color saturation.

I think changing paper will also give me some cost savings.  I would appreciate suggestions.  Luster is working out well and I want to stay with that.  I am willing to cut my own sheets from roll paper.  My main area of confusion is what cutter/trimmer should I buy?  The largest model sold by the local office supply chain is 18x18.  The largest paper I want to use is 17x22.

I am really pleased with the printer, and thank you guys for suggesting the 3880 instead of the smaller model.  The pictured musician dropped by today to pick up the first print and he was really impressed.

I am waiting for his photographer to email me an adjusted file with more margin for the bleed area.  The actual print puts the last E in Elmore very close to the edge of the paper.  I don't know how to adjust that (or if it is possible) but I understand it is normal for borderless printing to lose a little bit of the image on the sides.  However, the borderless print really looks flawless.

poster

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow