7D for portraits

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
cambomj
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Re: Go look at the dial
In reply to BAK, Oct 4, 2012

BAK wrote:

Go look at the dial on top of the camera.

It does NOT have a little picture of a head.

Little pictures of heads tell people that the camera can take portrait pictures.

If there is no picture of a head, it is pretty obvious that the camera cannot take portraits. If people do not have running shoes on and shirts with numbers, the camera will not click.

Canon has special face recognition that turns the camera off if the potential picture has people who are not moving fast, with a ball or a stick.

The original message came from a poster who did not notice the lack of a head on the dial, but he was suspicious and smart. Good thing he asked the question.

BAK

oh yeah, you're right...I don't know what I was thinking?? Where were you when I bought mine ....I should have looked for the little picture of a head... If I had only known...but wait, the 5D3 doesn't have a little picture of a head, it mustn't be any good either right? What about the 1D series, they must have a little picture of a head?? Surely they would be ok??

I'm sick and tired of the elitist nature of some people (you BAK) on these forums that think that a FF camera is the only option and anything else is supremely inferior. For many of us, we have made the decision to buy our very capable gear with serious money and should not be demeaned by users like you for doing so.

BAK, you sir are an idiot as are your ridiculous posts of illiterate 'wisdom' . I wish DPR had a "little picture of a head" that I can assign to your profile..

cambomj's gear list:cambomj's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow